Click thumbnail for a larger image.
Date: 1980 -
Description: Black Tower plaque. The leading towers were built in 1849 and demolished in the 1920s. They were recorded by the National Trust of Australia (Tasmania) as an historical monument. The foundation of the Black Tower was demolished in the 1920s and used for road metal. One of the two marker beacons was erected in 1849 and replaced on the 1st December 1882 by the present leading lights. Damaged by vandals.
Material: aluminium; perspex
Subjects: plaques; beacons
Institution: George Town and District Historical Society Inc.
Object number: GTH_PS0651
The content of this record is provided by George Town and District Historical Society Inc.. For any questions about the content please contact them.