Click thumbnail for a larger image.
|Date: 1915 -
Description: An archival album, A4 size, containing 19 black and white photos and nine colour photos, six annual reports, two advertising brochures, a brief history of the Flinders Island Dairy Company by Fred Trueman (done in 1981) and other notes. Information also supplied by Joe Ellwood. The Flinders Island Co-Operative Cheese, Butter and Bacon Factory Co Ltd was formed in 1921 and closed in 1974. A change of name to Flinders Island Dairy Co Ltd occurred in 1949. Always known as the Flinders Island Butter Factory . It was situated in Butter Factory Road and the main building is still in existence in 2003 and contains the original engine and butter churn.
Format: pictorial and artistic works
Object: photo albums
Flinders Island Butter Factory
Subjects: dairy industry
People/Orgs: Flinders Island Cheese, Butter & Bacon Factory Limited; Flinders Island Dairy Co Ltd; Ellwood, Joe; Trueman, Alfred; McNab Harry (Sandy); Trueman, John
Institution: Furneaux Historical Research Association Inc.
Object number: FHR_00315
The content of this record is provided by Furneaux Historical Research Association Inc.. For any questions about the content please contact them.