LINC Tasmania

Home >

Count Strzelecki

Click thumbnail for a larger image.

      Date: 1797-06-20 -

Description: An archival album, A4 size, containing notes, newspaper clippings and biographical notes from a paper presented to the Royal Australian Historical Society on Sir Paul Edmund De Strzelecki, who explored part Flinders Island in 1842. Also contains "Strzelecki's Ascent of Mount Kosciusko 1840" by Lt Colonel Powell G. Clews and colour photographs taken on a climb of Mount Strzelecki by Flinders Island community members on the 200th anniversary of Strzelecki's birth.

Format: pictorial and artistic works
Object: archives

Count Strzelecki

Subjects: exploration

People/Orgs: Strzelecki, Paul

Places: Mount Strzelecki, Flinders Island, Tasmania

Institution: Furneaux Historical Research Association Inc.

Object number: FHR_00173

The content of this record is provided by Furneaux Historical Research Association Inc.. For any questions about the content please contact them.