Click thumbnail for a larger image.
Date: 1910 -
Description: This building is situated near the intersection of King and William Streets in Westbury, Tasmania. The two storey structure was built in the 1850's and used as a bakery. Bread was baked at this site for more than a century before the business closed in the early 1970's. In 1988 Mr. and Mrs. Colin Clarke purchased the former bakery. The bake house was renovated in 1990 and converted into a colonial accommodation dwelling. This image was taken in June 2003 from the south-western direction.
Format: Pictorial and artistic works
The Old Bake House
Subjects: politicians; wardens
People/Orgs: Burke, Daniel
Places: Westbury, Tasmania
Institution: Westbury Historical Society
Object number: WEHS_0026
The content of this record is provided by Westbury Historical Society. For any questions about the content please contact them.