LINC Tasmania

Home >

St. David's Church

Click thumbnail for a larger image.

      Description: St. David's Church of England is situated in the hamlet of Selbourne in Tasmania. The structure was built for the sum of 130 Pounds on land donated by Mr. W.von Bibra who owned Strath Farm. The wooden Church was consecrated on 2 March 1914 by Bishop J.E.Mercer, assisted by Archdeacon A.R.Beresford, and the Acting Rector of the Hagley Parish Canon E.G.Muschamp. St. David's (Anglican) Church was closed on the 17 January 1999. This image was taken from the north-eastern direction.

Format: Pictorial and artistic works
Object: photographs

St. David's Church

Subjects: St. David's Anglican Church

People/Orgs: Bishop J.E. MercerArchdeacon A.R.BeresfordCanon E.G.Muschamp

Institution: Westbury Historical Society

Object number: WEHS_0089

The content of this record is provided by Westbury Historical Society. For any questions about the content please contact them.