LINC Tasmania

Home >

Rosny Cottage

Click thumbnail for a larger image.

      Description: This cottage has been dated from around the 1850s. The main construction is sandstone thought to be quarried from the Bellerive area. It was used as a farmhouse until the Royal Hobart Golf Club purchased the grounds in 1915. From 1916 it was a greenkeepers cottage used by the Royal Hobart Golf Club until 1961, then the Rosny Public Golf Course until 1970 . A decision to restore the cottage as a local history museum was made by the Clarence Council Bicentennial Committee. It opened in November 1993 and forms part of the Rosny Historic Centre.

Format: Monuments and historical sites
Object: houses
Material: sandstone

Rosny Cottage

Subjects: historic buildingsgolf courses

Places: Rosny Cottage, Rosny, Tasmania

Institution: Rosny Historic Centre

Object number: RHC_00018

The content of this record is provided by Rosny Historic Centre. For any questions about the content please contact them.