Click thumbnail for a larger image.
|Description: The ruins of the Convict Barracks at Highfield at Stanley Tasmania. The barracks were built in 1834 and occupied from 1836. About forty convicts were assigned to Circular Head establishment in 1932 and by 1833 there were seventy-three.|
Format: Pictorial and artistic works
Ruins of the convict barracks in the grounds of Highfield at Stanley, Tasmania
Subjects: ruins; pioneer settlements; convicts; barracks; stone buildings; buildings, structures & establishments
Places: Stanley, Tasmania
Institution: Circular Head Heritage Centre
Object number: CHH_00238
The content of this record is provided by Circular Head Heritage Centre. For any questions about the content please contact them.