Click thumbnail for a larger image.
|Date: 1901 -
Description: This structure is situated on the Meander Valley Valley Road in Westbury, Tasmania. The Holy Trinity Catholic Church was constructed between the years 1869 and 1874 and was officially opened on the 20th of May 1874. The Church Clock Tower was added in 1901. The Catholic Presbytery built in 1859 is depicted on the right hand side of the image. An acetylene gas powered street lantern is visible on the left hand side of the William Street intersection. A community water fountain is seen on the church corner. This scene was captured from the north-eastern direction in the early 1900s.
Format: Pictorial and artistic works
Holy Trinity Catholic Church
Places: Westbury, Tasmania
Institution: Westbury Historical Society
Object number: WEHS_0008
The content of this record is provided by Westbury Historical Society. For any questions about the content please contact them.