Click thumbnail for a larger image.
|Date: 1923 -
Description: 'Coomonderry' off Burnie - a regular at Smithton, Tasmania. The 'Coomonderry' was a veteran when she was purchased by J S Lee and Sons to take timber from Smithton. She was originally a steamship but was converted to a fore and aft schooner. Like many of the ships trading from the Duck River the 'Coomonderry' had an occasional mishap including one in Emu Bay in 1930s.
Format: Pictorial and artistic works
'Coomonderry' in rough seas at Burnie, Tasmania in 1923
Subjects: shipping industry; steamships; schooners (ships); timbers
People/Orgs: Coomonderry (vessel); Lee J S & Sons
Places: Burnie, Tasmania; Duck River, Tasmania; Smithton, Tasmania; Emu Bay, Tasmania; Burnie, Tasmania
Institution: Circular Head Heritage Centre
Object number: CHH_00635
The content of this record is provided by Circular Head Heritage Centre. For any questions about the content please contact them.