Click thumbnail for a larger image.
|Description: Horses working at Jaeger's mill near Redpa. Frank Jaeger migrated to Circular Head from Canada in 1914 to farm at Roger River area. He decided instead to go into sawmilling rather than farming. His first mill was at Roger River West but over the years the family have had mills at Redpa, Newhaven and Smithton, Tasmania. The Jaegers milled eucalypts and at one time specialised in blackwood staves which were exported to France for wine barrels. The Jaeger family designed and modified mill equipment for use in their own and other sawmills in Circular Head.|
Format: Pictorial and artistic works
Horses working at Jaeger's mill near Redpa, Tasmania
Subjects: horses; sawmills; sawmillers; staves; blackwood
People/Orgs: Jaeger, Frank; Jaeger Family
Places: Redpa, Tasmania; Roger River West, Tasmania; Newhaven, Tasmania; Smithton, Tasmania
Institution: Circular Head Heritage Centre
Object number: CHH_00491
The content of this record is provided by Circular Head Heritage Centre. For any questions about the content please contact them.