Click thumbnail for a larger image.
|Description: This building was situated at No. 26 Lyall Street in Westbury, Tasmania. The brick and timber structure was built in 1863 and used as a Public Hall and Local Council Office. A Public Library was also incorporated into the building at this time. The recently formed Westbury Municipal Council staff members occupied the western end of the building. The Local Government Headquarters and Hall was demolished in 1973 and a re-placement Council Office was built on this site. This image was captured in the late 1940's from the north-western direction.|
Format: Pictorial and artistic works
Public Hall and Council Chambers
Institution: Westbury Historical Society
Object number: WEHS_0060
The content of this record is provided by Westbury Historical Society. For any questions about the content please contact them.