Click thumbnail for a larger image.
Date: 2000 -
Description: This sandstone structure is situated on the Meander Valley Road (formerly Bass Highway) in Hadspen, Tasmania. The inn was constructed in 1843 by Mr. John Sprunt, the famed builder of "Macquarie House" in Launceston. The building was first licensed in 1844 and traded at one time as the Hadspen Hotel. The country hotel was probably the first Coach Station travelling west from Launceston., and a regular stopping place for wagon drivers on their way to the city with produce from the Westbury-Deloraine area. The Hadspen Post Office operated from this address for some years. This photograph was taken from the southern direction in January 1998.
Format: Pictorial and artistic works
The Red Feather Inn
Subjects: hotels & taverns
People/Orgs: Sprunt, John
Places: Hadspen, Tasmania
Institution: Westbury Historical Society
Object number: WEHS_0030
The content of this record is provided by Westbury Historical Society. For any questions about the content please contact them.