LINC Tasmania

Home >

Bass & Flinders Plaque

Click thumbnail for a larger image.


Date: 1985 -

Description: Plaque commemorating the discovery of Port Dalrymple by Bass and Flinders on November 3, 1798. The plaque was unveiled by Master Warden of the PLA (Port of Launceston Authority) TA Barrenger Esq. on November 2, 1985, and stands on the foundation of the original front sea reach leading light.

Format: realia
Object: plaques

Bass & Flinders Plaque

Subjects: plaquescommemorative stones

Institution: George Town and District Historical Society Inc.

Object number: GTH_PS1017

The content of this record is provided by George Town and District Historical Society Inc.. For any questions about the content please contact them.