Click thumbnail for a larger image.
Description: This home is situated at No 13 Lonsdale Promenade and faces onto the town's famous Village Green in Westbury, Tasmania The house was built in 1840's-1850's and was the residence of subsequent Council Clerks. In 1891 it was occupied by Mr. Edney Alfred Morris, Council Clerk, Deputy of Peace, Registar and Collector. He was identified with almost every public movement in Westbury in that era. His daughter, Miss Ellie Morris continued with the position of Registar of Births, Deaths, and Marriages, from the same address. The dwelling is known today as "The Gables" and has been used as a private residence since 1944 The photograph was taken from the western direction in June 1997.
Format: Pictorial and artistic works
Institution: Westbury Historical Society
Object number: WEHS_0093
The content of this record is provided by Westbury Historical Society. For any questions about the content please contact them.