Click thumbnail for a larger image.
Vaughan Motor Works, Portland, Oregon
Date: 1909 -
Description: Petrol driven cross cut saw, 2 stroke, 4hp. Engine no. 5251. 2 stroke, chain driven to "Peg & Raker" and M Tooth" saws. Originally purchesed by Mr Norman Ranson, Derby, after W.W.1. Purchased by Mr Diprose about 1950 from Briesis mine. The first motor saw imported for cross-cutting logs or ripping boards of 10-12 feet long. Could cut 1 foot per minute. Unpopular as it had to be carried manually to the site and was difficult to operate.
Vaughan Internal Combustion Engine
Subjects: saws; sawmills
Places: Derby, Tasmania
Institution: Grubb Shaft Gold and Heritage Museum
Object number: GSM_00011
The content of this record is provided by Grubb Shaft Gold and Heritage Museum. For any questions about the content please contact them.