LINC Tasmania

Home >

'Leederry' auxilliary ketch docked at Smithton, Tasmania

Click thumbnail for a larger image.

      Description: The 124 ton 'Leederry' auxilliary ketch docked at Smithton wharf. The 'Leederry' was built at St Helens, Tasmania, in the early 1940s and was commandered for wartime service in the South Pacific soon after being launched. She was acquired by Kauri Sawmill in 1946 to become a regular Duck River Trader. When Stanley became the preferred port in the 1950s the 'Leederry' was sold to Flinders Island Shipping Co as a livestock and general cargo carrier.

Format: Pictorial and artistic works
Object: photographs

'Leederry' auxilliary ketch docked at Smithton, Tasmania

Subjects: shipping industrywharvesshipstimbersketches

People/Orgs: Leederry (vessel)Kauri SawmillFlinders Island Shipping CoSmithton WharfDuck River Trader

Places: Smithton, TasmaniaDuck River, TasmaniaSt Helens, Tasmania

Institution: Circular Head Heritage Centre

Object number: CHH_00645

The content of this record is provided by Circular Head Heritage Centre. For any questions about the content please contact them.