LINC Tasmania

Home >

Pilot Station Davits

Click thumbnail for a larger image.


Date: 1890 -

Description: Pilot Station davits originally installed when the jetty was built c. 1890, and used to haul up the Low Head Pilot Station dinghy. They were removed in the 1960s and replaced with new davits from the 'Ponrabbel II' c. 1980.

Format: realia
Object: dinghies
Material: iron;  steel

Pilot Station Davits

Subjects: dinghies

Institution: George Town and District Historical Society Inc.

Object number: GTH_PS1018

The content of this record is provided by George Town and District Historical Society Inc.. For any questions about the content please contact them.