Click thumbnail for a larger image.
Description: This building is situated at No. 9 Lonsdale Promenade in Westbury, Tasmania. The Postal and Telegraph Office was built in 1888 on the site of the former Westbury Convict Probation Station which was a two storey timber structure built in 1842. The Post Office operated at this address until 1950 when it was replaced with a new Government building on the corner of William and Lyall Streets in the town. Today the Tasmanian Heritage Registered dwelling retains its original architectural features and is used as a private residence. The photograph was taken from the south-western direction in October 2000.
Format: Pictorial and artistic works
Post and Telegraph Office
Institution: Westbury Historical Society
Object number: WEHS_0082
The content of this record is provided by Westbury Historical Society. For any questions about the content please contact them.