Click thumbnail for a larger image.
|Date: 1930 -
Description: This structure is situated at No. 107 Meander Valley Road in Westbury, Tasmania. The first licence to operate this hotel was granted to Mr. William John Forbes on the 6th of October 1843. A tobacconist and barber's shop built for Mr. J.P.Maloney in 1908 is visible on the right hand side of the image. A blacksmith's shop also built in that era and managed by Mr. Bill Davey is depicted to the far right of this street scene. The photograph was taken in the 1930's from the south-western direction.
Format: Pictorial and artistic works
Object: post cards
Subjects: hotels & taverns
Places: Old Bass Highway, Westbury, Tasmania
Institution: Westbury Historical Society
Object number: WEHS_0028
The content of this record is provided by Westbury Historical Society. For any questions about the content please contact them.