Click thumbnail for a larger image.
Images 1 & 2 unknown
Cordwell, S.K. (Images 3 to 8)
Description: Image 1. Monochrome photograph of Redlands, homestead, Plenty. One of the oldest established properties in the Derwent Valley. Large exotic trees often planted to commemorate children births. Land grant in 1822 of 1550 acres. Built 1825....... Image 2. Monochrome photograph of Redlands entrance....... Image 3. Colour photograph of Redlands, homestead, Plenty...... Image 4. Colour photograph of Redlands showing bakehouse and part of the village complex....... Image 5. Colour photograph of courtyard behing residence. Bell tower was for communications. Shop opens during season providing groceries and food items and also is the estate office. Wisteria was trained around the building in early days....... Image 6 Colour photograph of Redlands showing the working hop kiln with loading bay on right and fan bay on left. Top floor was for drying....... Image 7. Colour photograph of familiar circular oast house building with final drying stage and heat outlet at top....... Image 8. Colour photograph of part of a large collection of buildings that whole families were accomodated for the entire hop picking season.
Format: pictorial and artistic works
Material: photographic paper
Redlands homestead, Plenty. (8. Images)
Subjects: homesteads; hop kilns; oast-houses; bell towers; bakeries
Places: Derwent Valley, Tasmania
Institution: Historical Information Centre, New Norfolk
Object number: HIN_00457
The content of this record is provided by Historical Information Centre, New Norfolk. For any questions about the content please contact them.