Click thumbnail for a larger image.
|Description: The 'Leederry' at Smithton wharf Smithton, Tasmania. The 'Leederry', a 124 ton auxialiary ketch, was built at St Helens in the early 1940s. She was commandeered for wartime service in the South Pacific soon after she was launched. Kauri Timbers acquired her in 1946 and she was used in the timber trade from the Duck River. By 1956 she was taking only two shipments a month from Smithton and by 1957 was sold.|
Format: Pictorial and artistic works
'Leederry' at wharf at Smithton, Tasmania
Subjects: shipping industry; wharves; timbers
People/Orgs: Leederry (vessel); Kauri Sawmill; Smithton Wharf
Places: Smithton, Tasmania; St Helens, Tasmania; Duck River, Tasmania
Institution: Circular Head Heritage Centre
Object number: CHH_00625
The content of this record is provided by Circular Head Heritage Centre. For any questions about the content please contact them.