Click thumbnail for a larger image.
Description: This two storey structure is situated at No. 100 Shadforth Street in Westbury, Tasmania. Convict labour was used in the construction of the original brick building which was completed in 1843. Bishop Nixon selected the commanding site for the new rectory. The Reverend John Bishton, M.A. and his family were the first to occupy the dwelling. Some rebuilding work was commenced in 1867 and was made possible through the generosity of the parishioners in that era. The former Anglican Rectory has been privately owned for several decades. This photograph was taken from the north-western direction in 1988.
Format: Pictorial and artistic works
St. Andrews Church of England Rectory
People/Orgs: St. Andrew's Church of England
Institution: Westbury Historical Society
Object number: WEHS_0015
The content of this record is provided by Westbury Historical Society. For any questions about the content please contact them.