Click thumbnail for a larger image.
Description: Monument commemorating the 200th anniversary of the discovery of the Tamar River by George Bass and Matthew Flinders in the sloop 'Norfolk' on November 3, 1798. The plaque was unveiled by the Governor of Tasmania, Sir Guy Green.
Object: monuments & memorials
Bass & Flinders Monument
Subjects: monuments & memorials; commemorative stones
Institution: George Town and District Historical Society Inc.
Object number: GTH_PS1034
The content of this record is provided by George Town and District Historical Society Inc.. For any questions about the content please contact them.